Saturday 9 June is drawing ever closer and the ring return of Tyson Fury is something we’re all eagerly awaiting.
As it says on the tin, the big man is coming to reclaim the titles that he feels belong to him.
— DON TYSON FURY (@Tyson_Fury) April 12, 2018
Earlier in the week, Tyson Fury held his latest press conference to publicise the biggest anticipated comeback since Lazarus and, as usual, the big man had a lot to say for himself.
After such a long absence from the ring, Tyson explained that it was a message from the reigning WBC champion, Deontay Wilder, that convinced him to make his return to a division that is currently dominated by the American and Anthony Joshua.
Entertaining the media, amongst many things, Fury had this to say,
“I believe I can tie one hand behind my back and beat them.
“Deontay Wilder spurred me on as he said I couldn’t do it. I was walking my dog at the time and I thought ‘I’m a fat pig and I need to turn this around, come back and knock him out’.
“When I’m ready for these guys in a couple of fights, we will take on anybody.”
But, it remains to be confirmed who that first comeback fight will be against.
One name that has been mentioned is that of Sefer Seferi.
Seferi, Albanian born, is 39-years-of-age and his record, at first, looks pretty decent with 23 wins from 24 fights, until you realise that his only loss has also been his only fight at heavyweight.
Would it be churlish to expect someone who might be a bit better than that?